Monday 30 April 2012

The best of Adelaide 2: Adelaide's Korean Charcoal BBQ


Just yesterday I went for a Korean bbq restaurant at 373 Glen Osmond road with a group of friends. It was a place that was recommended by my Korean friend.  After trying that I do not think I would ever go to any other the other Korean bbq restaurants unless there is another restaurant which is better and I doubt it. The price range is acceptable about 50 bucks per head. The wagyu steak was the freshest that I have ever had. Be it medium rare or well done it was fantastic mostly due to the freshness of the steak. They provided a sauce for each individual person for the meat. The sauce had somewhat of a sweetness to it and infused with the wagyu it just tasted spectacular. The beef bulggoi did not taste as heavy as those in other restaurants. It was light, a little sweet and slightly chewy yet it was capable of melting in your mouth. The kimchi pancake did not have a strong kimchi taste which I was a fan of since I do not like the taste of kimchi by itself. The marinated chicken ribs were fantastic as well. The sauce that they used to marinate the chicken was astoundingly surplus my expectation.

Another bonus your clothes would not smell. Usually in Korean bbqs the smell sticks onto your clothes but at this place thanks to the suction exhaust fan located at every single table you would smell good even after a Korean bbq. Value for cost, coisy ambience, friendly staff and exceptional food! A MUST GO!

Food Rating: 5/5
Ambiance Rating: 3/5

Here are some of the photos:

the charcoal bbq 

thats right... charcoal grill lol

the traditional Korean entrees dishes

Kimchi pancake, the best I've ever tried. Definitely a must try!

Here comes the wagyu!

Korean rice balls that comes along with the bbq set. very unique taste indeed

Korean bean paste soup

Beef ribs cooked to perfection

How to eat Korean bbq? dip your meat with this sauce along with the refresing  onions. Tastes really delicious trust me!

Last but not least, the healthiest Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup. Definitely a must try!



No comments:

Post a Comment